1. As you may have noticed, I am posting over here (again!) (for now?) (who knows!) rather than on my website. I’ve kind of missed the Blogger platform, which is a bit more intuitive than WordPress – or maybe I’ve just used it for longer.
This wasn’t really relevant because, well, I’ve been eerily silent on the blogging front. But I’m back now, and thinking about blogging more, and so I figured I would just bite the bullet and say OH HAI GUYS DID YOU MISS ME I MISSED YOU.
2. Per the above, I’ve futzed around with the blog layout. (Again.) (I know, I know.)
3. It’s pretty! I mean, I think it’s pretty. Do you think it’s pretty? Please consider your next words carefully because my born-again baby blog is very sensitive. Also it may want to talk to you about Jesus.
4. When I was in Utah a few months ago, I encountered a wild honey badger and almost lost an arm to it. Naturally, I took a picture:
This honey badger was in no way stuffed and in an exhibit in the Museum of Natural History. I was in no way perfectly safe the entire time.
The things I do for you, internet.
5. Why was there a stuffed honey badger in the Salt Lake City Museum of Natural History?
6. The reason you have not seen much of me is because I have been WRITING BOOKS. (And tweeting. Always tweeting.) I am halfway through my next project, which is a high fantasy with gods and lesbians and angsty warriors! And I also might have accidentally started writing a contemporary, but if you hold me for questioning I will deny everything.
7. It is autumn in DC, at least temporarily, and I celebrated by wearing my pumpkin-colored shirt to work yesterday. AND I baked cookies the day before. They did not exactly bring all the boys to my yard but they sure did bring all of my coworkers to the office when I brought them in on Monday.
8. If you haven’t already seen, Cupid’s Come And Get It (#CAGI) Auction is up and running until the 14th! There are many cool things up for grabs including a phone call with my agent! (You want this. I’d bid on it, but I get those for free.)
9. As per item #7, the impending seasonal transition means that pumpkin-flavored everything is coming. I’m not too keen on pumpkin coffee, though, so I am holding out for pumpkin pie. If you have any to spare, just send it my way. I will buy it from you, even! Like a book review! (Oh, ouch, tough crowd. Too soon?)
10. Emma Stone thinks you’re pretty fabulous.
(She and I talked about this, and we both agree.)
That’s all for now!